- My friend Susan said that she may walk this half marathon next year. (Love being inspiring!)
- My friends Pat and John have started running again. They ran 1 1/2 miles on Saturday. (Love being a motivator even more.)
- I enjoyed myself on vacation and wasn’t as neurotic as I thought I would be about my upcoming race.
- I finished with a smile – MY GOAL!
- I finished under 2:45 – MY REAL GOAL!
- I ran more of it than I thought I would or could.
- My feet are no better and no worse.
- I want to do another!
- My right foot did hurt (and annoyed me) most of the time. (I don’t want to see a dr & have to stop running!)
- I secretly wanted to PR. (Doesn’t everyone?)
- I am not sure I will or can ever run faster.
- Though my ankle did not hurt, I think it does not allow me to run hard.
- I walked too much the 2nd half … I used the water stops as an excuse.
All in all, I am happy. I am relieved!
- You can accomplish anything you put your mind to. After my broken ankle I didn’t think I could run again. Then when I thought I could, I got a stress fracture. Obviously, I had my doubts about the race but I knew that if I wanted it bad enough, I could do it.
- A vacation with friends isn’t the best way to prepare for a race. I spent the day before on the beach (and got sunburned.) I didn’t eat or drink enough. I felt hungry and thirsty throughout the race.
- Gu is the best race fuel for me. I ate one before the race, one at mile 4, mile 8, and mile 12. No stomach issues at all. All I drank was water (about 8 cups)
- I love scenic races. I love warm weather. I love Florida (in the winter!!!)
- It’s great having someone waiting for you at the finish line.
- I shouldn’t compare myself as a runner with anyone else. Running is hard. All runners are different. You just have to do your best and give it your all.
More Post Race Pics:
Happy Running! What have you learned about running half marathons?