Races are what motivates me.
It’s no secret that my training runs suck….I walk and walk and walk some more… so my pace is SLOOOOOOOW!
But in a race, for some strange reason, I run faster and if it’s 5 miles or less, I don’t usually have to stop and walk.
So I run a lot of races. They boost my confidence.
- Mayor’s Race & Wellness Festival 10 miler (Palm Springs, CA)
- HMRRC Winter Series #3 – 15K
- Polar Cap 4 mi
- HMRRC Winter Series #4 – 7K
- Lighthouse 5k (St. Augustine, FL)
- Runnin of the Green 4 mi
- LoveRun Half Marathon (Philadelphia, PA)
- Delmar Dash 5m
- Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k
- Rabbit Ramble 4m
- Cherry Blossom 5k
- Spring Run Off 10K
- Mom’s Day 5K
- Freihofer’s Run for Women
- Betar Byway 5K
- Strawberry Fest 5K
- Adirondack Distance 10m
- Saratoga Half Marathon
Yes, 18 races so far… (10 in March-May)!
Here’s how the rest of the summer is shaping up:
7-26-14 - Turning Point 5K – a new one and a trail race
- 8-03-14 – Care for Kids 5K - a new one near where I stayed last weekend
- 8-09-14 - Camp Chingachgook 10k – a hilly 10k along Lake George which I ran in 2012 as my 1st 10K
- 8-16-14 - Jailhouse Rock 5k – a small local 5K that I have run in 2009, 2010, 2012
- 9-06-14 – MBPK 5k – another local 5k that I have run in 2012 and 2013
- 9-14-14 – Biggest Loser 10k – a new 10k at the Great Escape park near Lake George
I never PR in the summer. I am usually injured or recovering from an injury. This summer, I am healthy!! So you never know…
I haven’t run with any speed in the last 6 weeks due to training for the 10 miler and half marathon.
But this Saturday, I have a RACE! A 5k!
A new race at a new location (It used to held in Saratoga State park.) Now it takes place in Hudson Crossing Park, centered around Champlain Canal Lock 5 Island, just north of Schuylerville, on New York State’s Historic Scenic Byway, Route 4.
I passed by this park after the Bacon Hill 5K in April (which influenced to me to choose this race.)
I am a little nervous about the trail portion. I have never run a trail race and my last trail run resulted in a fall.
So I am moving outside my comfort zone.
- Run the whole thing.
- Not fall and get hurt.
- Not finish last.
- Finish under 30 minutes or close to 30 minutes.
- Have fun!
Happy Running! Have you ever run a trail race?