I am warmed up and dried out so now I can reflect on this 2nd Half Marathon experience.
- I got a PR and I didn’t run my best.
- I got a medal.
- I came in 2nd in my age group.
- I completed my 2nd Half Marathon.
- I left my comfort zone – I hate the rain. I hate the cold. I ran the race anyway.
- I learned that I need to train for hills.
- I know that I need my Garmin to run well but can survive without it.
- I want to run another half marathon & I know I can run faster.
- I spent a beautiful afternoon in Lake George (the day before)
- poor organization of race
- the weather
- $60 – no chip timing – no Pasta party (Naples HM cost $30 & had both)
- lonely without friends or husband sharing the experience
- I gave up too easily when I thought my time was slow (should have pushed harder the 2nd half)
- I needed more race fuel (1 more GU or gatorade)
- Spent too much $ at the outlets Ha! Ha!
See – there are more positives than negatives!!!
Next Half Marathon is Sept 25 — No training for 2 months! Yeah!
Today I am doing laundry, grocery shopping, having Easter dinner at my mother-in-law’s and then maybe taking in a movie. A day to relax!