I had no problems running 13 in 2013. In fact. I ran 22 races even though I was out with a broken foot for 2 months.
I even ran 12 in 2012 when I was out for 5 months with a broken ankle and then 2 months with a stress fracture.
So of course, I am committing for 14 in 2014! I usually run at least 20 races (barring injury.)
I would like this year to run 14 NEW races.
Here are the races that I am thinking about:
1. Mayors Race & Wellness Festival 10 miler in Palm Springs, CA
3. LoveRun Half Marathon in Philadelphia, PA
4. Cherry Blossom 5k in Niskayuna, NY
5. Spring Run Off 5 K or 10k in Albany, NY
6. Mom’s Day 5K in Albany, NY
7. Adirondack Distance 10 m in Lake George, NY
8. CARE FOR KIDS 5K Run in Chestertown, NY
9. Flashlight 5K in Lake George, NY
10. Race the Train (8.4 mi) in North Creek, NY – if it is held
11. Great Pumpkin Challenge 5K or 10K in Saratoga, NY
12. Troy Turkey Trot 5k or 10k in Troy, NY
13. a fall half marathon (Palio in Sartagoa, NY, Smuttynose in Hampton, NH, Seacoast in Portsmouth, NH, Hartford in CT, Diva on LI, NY??????)
14. a race in NYC (Melissa Fund Sun Run 5k??)
All 14 may not happen but I know that I will run 14 races where most of them will be new.
If you interested in this challenge, click here for more details.