Last year, I got sucked in by the Biggest Loser hype and signed up for the 15K in Killington, VT. on July 28, 2013.
Unfortunately, I broke my foot in June and wound up switching to the 5k and run/walking it. Still I had fun. (Race recap.)
The worst part of the race was having to ride a chair lift as part of the race (and the slippery rocky terrain.) Otherwise, it was well organized, you got FREE race photos and there was a lot of excitement in the air.
This year, they have added a Six Flags race series. And there is a race scheduled at the Great Escape Amusement Park in Lake George, NY on September 14.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- The Biggest Loser Finisher’s Medal
- Commemorative Technical T-Shirt
- Drawstring Backpack
- Chip-Timed Race for Runners and Those Tracking Personal Goals
- Free Downloadable Race Photos
- Award Divisions for Runners and Walkers
- Special discount offer for general admission tickets to the theme park on race day
- Celebrity appearances by former contestants from “The Biggest Loser”
- Hydration Stations with Water/Sports Drinks Along the Course and Food at the Finish Line
- Last but not Least, a Truly Inspirational and Unforgettable Experience
Sounds awesome. Right?
I have a hard time saying ‘no” to any race in Lake George (my summer weekend home). And I am impulsive.
So I signed up.
There is a 5k and a 10k. I chose the 10k (for now!) It will be hilly. All races in the Adirondacks are hilly.
Seemed perfect but now they changed the date of the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. For the first time, this 5K will be held this weekend instead of in October when it has always been before. I have run that race 6 times–always dedicating it to all my friends who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Happy Running! Anyone doing any of the Biggest Loser Races?