Will I be on the first page of the sports section again?
I should be running long and not racing a 5K. (I may run a 10 mile race in 3 weeks )
Yes, for the 7th time, I am running this race. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.
The Freihofer Run for Women is my favorite race:
- It is ALL women – all ages – all sizes – veterans – newbies – elites – walkers
- It is a real USATF race with Olympic runners in it.
- It feels so good to be a part of its excitement.
- The results are printed in the local newspaper and even though I finish around 2000, I am happy if I finish in the top half.
- You always meet someone you know.
- Running it in 2008 made realize that I that I could be a runner.
- Being part of other runners’ first 5k in 2010 made me proud.
- 2011 was my FRW PR year.
- Finishing it in 2012 (after serious ankle surgery) helped me believe that I could be a runner again.
- I broke my foot at the beginning of the race in 2013 and still gutted out a finish under 30 minutes!
- It ends with a downhill 🙂
- Maybe I’ll make the newspapers again…
In such a crowded race, it is impossible to have time goal. But finishing under 30 minutes (AND NOT GETTING INJURED) would make me happy.
Happy Running! Do you have a favorite race?