I love to run races in the summer.
It’s always a challenge to fit them in around our weekend boating.
But I wouldn’t give either one up.
I am hoping that this summer I am free of injuries.
That hasn’t been the case in recent years:
- 2011 – 6 wks off for a strained achilles
- 2012 – slowly recovering from ankle surgery (started running too soon & wound up with a 2nd metatarsal stress fracture)
- 2013 – 6 wks off for a broken 5th metatarsal
So far, this is my summer racing schedule:
- June 8 – Betar Byway 5k
- June 14 – Strawberry Festival 5K
- June 22 – Adirondack Distance 10m
- July 13 – Saratoga Half Marathon – doubtful but maybe
- July 26 – Turning Point 5k
- August 2 – Race The Train (8.4m) – maybe?
- August 9 – Camp Chingachgook 10k
- August 16 – Jailhouse Rock 5k
- August 30 – Care For Kids 5K Run – maybe?
- September 7 – MBPK 5K
- September 14 – Biggest Loser 10k
I am also looking for a fall half marathon. I have a few possibilities and they are Sept 21 or 27 or Oct 5. That will mean long runs starting this summer.
Happy Running! Do you race a lot in the summer?