I have been seeing this survey a lot lately so I thought I’d give it a try.
Would you rather…
1. …run a 5k or a marathon?
A 5K. I have never run a marathon and probably never will. 5Ks are very popular and not a lot of training is needed.
3. …get new running shoes or a new running outfit?
That’s a hard one. Probably running shoes. They’re important and you can wear them with many outfits.
4. … run a marathon without headphones or Garmin?
Without headphones. I never wear them in a race. I love to focus on the scenery and other runners. But I depend on my Garmin for pace and distance. I do wear headphone when I run alone.
5. … race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
Convenience. Location is important for long races. It is cheaper if I can drive and not stay over night. If I have to, it’s nice to combine it with a visit to a friend or a vacation. Of course, I do love swag.
6. … PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
Finish strong and miss a PR. Injuries suck! A PR is not worth it.
7. … do 100 squats or 100 push ups? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
Neither! I don’t do exercise.
8. …. run without socks or without sports bra?
Without sports bra. I really don’t need one (unfortunately). Blisters on my feet …NO. don’t want them.
9. … run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
Run around the same street block for an hour. I prefer to be outside. I hate the treadmill.
10. … run a Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
Marathon Relay team. 3 days with no sleep …too old for that. I like half marathons so a marathon really is appealing.
11. … do a naked run or naked yoga?
That’s a neither too. Too old…too self-conscious.
13. … give up running for a 3 years to get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Never BQ but run as much as you want. Since I don’t run marathons, this is not an issue.
Happy Running! Feel free to answer all or some of these questions in the comments, or go ahead and share your own on your blog. Make sure you link back to me so I can see your responses, too!