Every Friday, three DC area bloggers Mary at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC to host the Friday Five linkup. Anyone can join with their own Friday Five post (yes, it must be a Friday Five!!) They encourage you to visit other blogs on the linkup, comment, share and engage!
This week, the theme is Friday Favorites:
Here are my five of my running-related favorites:
1. Favorite Race – Freihofer’s Run for Women – it is ALL women (more than 4000)– all ages, all sizes, veterans, newbies, elites, walkers. When I ran it the first year that I started running (2008), it made feel like a “real” runner. Finishing it after suffering a serious injury (2012) helped me believe that I could be a runner again. And then in 2013, completing it with a broken foot showed me how strong (or maybe stubborn) I was.
2. Favorite Apparel – My running skirts from Runningskirts.com – they are really comfortable and not too short and have a pocket on each side to hold either fuel or car key. I only wish I afford more…
3. Favorite Shoes – it used to be Brooks Adrenalines but lately I am liking my new New Balance running shoes. They have a wide toe box and are light yet offer stability.
4. Favorite Fuel – GU– it seems to agree with my stomach so I am not messing with things… especially during a race or long run.
5. Favorite Place to Run – any place where there is water
…along the river
…along the lake
…along the ocean
Happy Running! What are your 5 favorites?