I’ve been tagged by Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete. Thanks Tiffany.
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
I have been blogging for a while so if you read my blog, you probably know everything about me already but if you are new, here are
Seven Things About Me:
1. I started running in April 2008 at the age of 55!! Since then I have run 124 races. In January 2011, I ran my first of 9 half marathons.
2. Second to running is my love for tennis. I started playing seriously about 15 years ago. The best thing about tennis is the friends that I have made. Now we do lots of things together that doesn’t even involve playing tennis.
3. My first profession was that of a French teacher. I did that for 22 years. I spent my junior year of college in Nice, France. I love anything and everything French – art (Monet), music (Celine Dion), food (pain au chocolat), drinks (kir), cafe au lait, Les Miz, etc.
4. I play mah jongg once a week with a great group of ladies. My favorite game, however, is still Scrabble.
5. I love to travel. I would do it more if I had the time and the money. I have been to most countries in Europe (except Ireland) & Israel, Greece & Russia. China and an African safari are on my bucket list as well as Alaska.
6. I’m a computer geek. Luckily I went back to school and got another Masters and I have been working as an Instructional Technologist for the past 16 yrs. Digital photography is my passion. I never leave the house without a camera.
7. Finally, Dec 29, 2011 was one of the worst days in my life. I fell avoiding an ice patch while out running and broke my ankle in several places. I had a plate and 8 screws put in. It was a very long recovery. The doctor said that I may play tennis again but probably would not be able to run. But I proved him wrong!! I started running after 5 months and starting playing tennis after 8 months.
Here are some “inspiring” bloggers (in no particular order):
- 14 in 2014
- Age Groups Rock
- Barking Mad about Running
- Run this Apple
- Runs with Pugs
- Slowly Tri-ing
- Shut up and Run
- My Journey to Fit
- MCM Mama
- Mom Running from Cancer
- 111 La La Lane
- Pam Robbins Runs
- Road Runner Girl
- Run the Great Wide Somewhere
- We Run Disney
Happy Running! Please tag yourself if you are reading this post & I haven’t tagged you.