Now that boating is over, you would think I would have some free time…
Saturday, I am running this 10K race.
It takes place in Saratoga National Park and it is a race that I’ve wanted to do since I started running but something has always gotten in the way.
They have a NEW flatter 5k course which is very tempting but since I have a 10 mile run in ONE WEEK, I think the longer distance would be wiser.
- 2012 – Camp Chingachgook – 1:09:07 (covering from ankle surgery)
- 2013 – Hmrrc Winter Series #3 – 1:08:18
- 2013 – Helper’s Fund – 1:06:10
- 2013 – Monster Scramble – 1:03:18 (it was short!)
- 2014 – Spring Run Off -1:00:51 PR
- 2014 – Camp Chingachgook – 1:04:54
As you can see, I don’t run many 10ks.
I usually train for half marathons by running long on the weekend. With 5Ks, I just wing it. But for 10ks, you want to run fast but not burn out. So who knows how this will go. I will try to go out slow and save some for the second half.
I have been getting better at the 5K distance but I still struggle with anything over that. I know I can win my age group with the 5K… most likely not with the 10K.
A 10K will be out of my comfort zone. Sometimes a good thing.
- Run most it.
- Pace under 10 min/mile for most miles.
- Beat my last 10K time (1:04:54). A PR would be a real stretch. A age group award would be a bigger stretch (the speedy older women do this one).
- Finish strong and uninjured.
- Enjoy the race.
After the race, I hope to run a few more miles before getting home.
Maybe I will try to squeeze in some time with the hubby (dinner & a movie?)
On Sunday, I plan to watch AJH compete in a duathlon.
I did it for the past two years and really enjoyed it.
This year it will take place at a new location. I have never been there so it should be fun.
After the duathlon, I am taking Amanda (my mentee) and her sons on our annual visit to Ellms Family Farm.
It is always a good time for all.
Happy Running! Anything exciting planned for the weekend?