Every Friday, three DC area bloggers Mary at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC to host the Friday Five linkup. Anyone can join with their own Friday Five post (yes, it must be a Friday Five!!) They encourage you to visit other blogs on the linkup, comment, share and engage!
This week, the theme is Five Reasons to Race.
1. Racing keeps me running. I know that I cannot slack off. If I do, then the race will be painful (physically and mentally).
2. I usually run alone and when I run a race, I see and meet other runners. So much more enjoyable.
3. I am competitive so when I run a race, I don’t stop and walk as much and I run faster.
4. I only get that runner’s high when I cross a finish line in a race.
5. Racing gives me the excuse to see new places and visit old friends.
Speaking of races, 2 days until…
Happy Running! Why do you race?