This week’s topic is: Favorite Running Product/Gear
Mine is my Garmin 205.
I ran with the Nike Plus sensor on my shoe and my iPod for the first first years. I even trained with it for my first half marathon.
Then I bought my Garmin 205 right before the day of my first Half.
I know it is BIG but I love it. I don’t even feel it on my wrist. Someday, it will break and I will have to get a new/smaller model 😦
Why do I love it?
1. It was affordable. I paid less than $100 for and I have had NO problems with it in 4 years.)
2. The screen can be split in four so I can see everything I need on one screen – race time, clock time, race pace, race distance (or whatever I choose) without touching a button.
3. It has a very reliable and accurate. I sometimes use my iPhone and many of its apps and none are exact. They ALL measure less than the actual distance.
4. It can be set to beep for intervals. It can also beep if you are running too fast or too slow.
5. The current lap pace pops pops intermittently as you run and at the end of each lap.
6. It is easy to see your stats after you are done – lap splits, best speed for each lap, calories, etc.
7. You can also connect it to your computer so you can sync it and see even more of your stats.
I know that there are many more features that I don’t use such as the maps and I don’t use it for intervals or any kind of timed training runs (because I don’t do them) but I couldn’t race without it.
Happy Running! What is your favorite running product/gear?