This week’s topic is: 2015 Race Plans
I run so many races (33 last year) that I am just listing some of the races I plan to run in the first 6 months of 2015:
- West Palm Beach Half Marathon – Ocean Views and in Florida in the winter. And visiting 4 friends too!
- Polar Cap 4 miler – This hilly race takes in Lake George. I have done it several times before. The best part is that I get to run with fellow blogger AJH. Afterwards, I can go to the lake George Winter Carnival also.
- Shamrock 5K – I would have liked to run a longer race like I did last year but this one fit. I am so excited to be running this race with my friend Mary in CA.
- Runnin’ of the Green – this is a very popular local 4 miler. This year, the location will be different. Hopefully, it will be as flat as the previous Green Island course.
- Delmar Dash – This is a 5 miler that is very close to where I live and it is flat!!
- Bacon Hill 5k or 10k in Schuylerville, NY. I ran this for the first time last year and loved this country race.
- When I didn’t get into the NYC Half Marathon, I registered for the Asbury Park Half Marathon to keep me running through the winter. I have a friend that lives an hour from this race and I will be running along the ocean!!!!!
- Cherry Blossom 5k in Niskayuna, NY. Another race from last year that I enjoyed a lot.
- Spring Run Off 10k in Albany, NY. This race is run along the Hudson River and is a popular local 5k and 10K race. There is a free pasta dinner the night before. I met some awesome runners last year and hope to see them again.
- Mother’s Day 5K in Schenectady, NY. I ran this race in 2013 and plan to run again this year. I may be mentoring a someone from the GirlsontheRun program at this race, too. This 5k is very well-organized and has a chocolate fountain afterwards. Need I say more?
- Freihofer’s Run for Women – This is the only race that I have run every year so I want to keep my streak going. This year, I signed up to be part of a training group like I did for the Troy Turkey Trot. I am looking forward to running with others.
- When I did not get into the Covered Bridges Half Marathon on June 7, I registered for the first annual Walkway Half Marathon in Poughkeepsie. The course will include the William R. Steinhaus Dutchess Rail Trail and the Walkway Over the Hudson as well as Marist College and the Hudson Valley Rail Trail.
- Adirondack Distance Run – It’s a 10-miler. Rolling hills from Lake George Village to Bolton Landing (where we keep our boat.) I did it last year for the first time and can’t wait to run it again!
Happy Running! What are some of your 2015 races?