This week’s topic is: Treadmill Running Tips
As much as I HATE running on the treadmill, it is a necessary evil this time of year.
So this is what works for me:
- Wear comfortable clothing. Even in the winter, you will get warm indoors. Breathable clothes are necessary. And if you sweat a lot, have a towel nearby.
- Water! I don’t get thirsty or drink a lot of water when I run EXCEPT when I run on the treadmill. (Maybe it’s the indoors.)
- Entertainment. No matter what anyone says, running on a treadmill is boring. Have a TV nearby. I use my iPad to watch my favorite television shows. Lately, I have been listening the podcast, Serial.
- Vary your workouts. You can do intervals or speedwork. You can even simulate hills by changing the incline.
- Rewards. Yes, you can promise yourself a Starbucks coffee or a sugary snack if you get it done.
- Run outside if you can. Only use the treadmill when running outside is unsafe. Especially for long runs.
Happy Running! Do you have any tips for running on the treadmill?