This month I’m linking up again with Marcia’s Healthy Slice for Runfessions. This my third Runfessions post. I think will continue to do this monthly. Many of my Runfessions from last month repeated themselves… Here are this month’s Runfessions:
1. I did not go to the gym nor did I go to any yoga classes. I had good intentions. But I always seem to have something more important to do. Yeah, I know that’s not a good excuse. If I really wanted to, I could find the time.
2. Last month, I was good about not buying ice cream This month, not so much. I got addicted to this in California and it was on sale so I bought some more. I’ve also had soft ice cream. as well. Several times!!
3. I added 2 more races to my spring schedule.
This was too tempting. I work at a law school and it is 2 days before a race so it will be a training run.
I got in the lottery so I had to do it, right? And I have been whining about not being able to do my long runs on the weekend because of too many races.
4. I bought more running clothes that I don’t need.
No more…my drawers are bulging!!
5. I’ve been skipping long runs. I am casual about my week day run distances but when I am training fora half marathon, I always have a schedule and try to keep to it. I increase my long runs every weekend by 1 mile until I get to 12 and then I taper to 8. It’s got me through so far and I even PRed on my 11th in January. My next one is April 18th.. week 7 – 8 miles – Nope – in California, too busy, too hot… only hiked week 8 – 9 miles – Nope – 4 mile race, too tired, rained…after ran/walked 3 more so only ran 7 week 9 – 10 miles – Sorta – 5 mile race and after ran/walked 5 more slow ones week 10 – 11 miles – Sorta – 5 mile race and after ???- hopefully 6 more
Well, that’s it for now.
Happy Running! Have any Runfessions to share?