This week’s topic is: Running Hacks
Many of these are obvious and you probably do them….
- Cut the Tangents – why run a longer race distance than you have to
- Make your own arm sleeves – go to the dollar store or Target and buy a pair of knee socks. Then cut off the foot. If you don’t need them during a run, just toss them.
- How do you wear those cute running skirts when it is cold? Wear tights or capris under them.
- Sick of putting safety pins through your tech shirts? Attach your bib to your race belt. I bought one that had bib holdes that were removable and I add them to my SpiBelt. Love it!
- Sore feet? Put a tennis ball in the freezer and then roll the bottom of your foot on it. Being a tennis player, I have plenty of tennis balls.
- Want to ave money on running shoes? Buy an older model. Especially if you actually prefer the older model.
- Bored on the treadmill? Watch your favorite show while on the treadmill. It’s still painful but just less so.
- Lay out your clothes the night before your run or race. That way you can sleep longer and you are less likely to forget something important.
- Make the most of your free time and fit your runs in – before work, during your lunch break, after work…
- Run with a friend. It makes the miles easier.
- If you’re doing an out-and-back run on a cold, windy day, run the first half into the wind and come back with it. Otherwise, you’ll be running the second half sweaty and into the wind.
- Don’t run on empty. Eat before and during. Otherwise, you will be tempted to cut your runs short.
- If you are flying to a race, pack your running stuff in your carry on. Don’t risk having it in your lost luggage.
Happy Running? Any other hacks that you can share?