This week’s topic is: Hot Weather Running Tips
What to wear:
- Skirts, of course. You stay cooler in them than capris or shorts and they just look good.
Especially SkirtSports skirts!
- Tank tops or tech tee shirts
- Baseball caps – they keep the hair off my neck and the sun off my face
- Cool Max socks – I am blister prone so this is important for me.
- Sunglasses – I wear contacts so my eyes are really sensitive. I wear sunglasses all the time (even if it is not sunny) except when it is dark out.
- Nathan Hand-held water bottle – I don’t usually carry water (I just loop my runs) but when I do, I love this.
- Don’t forget that if you chafe, in the summer when you sweat, you chafe even more.
- And the sunscreen and bug spray (especially if you run in areas where there are ticks)
Where to run:
- Shady areas like bike paths or parks
- Where there is a breeze off the water
- On the treadmill where there is air-conditioning
When to run:
- In the morning before it gets warm
- In the evening when it cools down
Of course, remember, you will run SLOWER when it is hot.
And don’t forget those warm weather rewards!!!!