This week’s topic is: 2015 Goals Update
6 months down. 6 months to go. So how am I doing on my 15 goals for this year??
1. Do not get injured.
No major injuries just some nagging foot issues.
2. Run 3-4 times a week ALL YEAR.
Yes, for the most part.
3. Continue fitting in tennis and/or yoga once a week.
Tennis, yes. Yoga, no!
4. Do some upper body exercises.
Just a few times. Nothing to write home about.
5. Finish all of my races under 10 minutes per mile (except half marathons)
Yes. Except 15ks and 10 milers.
Cherry Blossom 5k – 8:59
Bacon Hill 5K – 9:00
Delmar Dash 5m – 9:09
Shamrock Shuffle 5m – 9:17
Runnin’ of the Green 4m – 9:21
Spring Run Off 10k – 9:22
Polar Cap 4m – 9:24
Albany Law Day 5k – 9:25
Mastodon Challenge 5k – 9:25
Freihofer Run for Women 5k – 9:28
Betar Byway 5k – 9:28
Mother’s Day 5K – 9:45
HMRRC Winter Series #3 10K – 9:48
March – 3
April – 3
May – 6
7. Run a race in another state.
8. Run in NYC.
No. Not yet.
9. Get several Age Group awards.
10. PR in a half marathon.
11. PR at another distance.
Yes. 4 mile and 5 mile.
12. Join a running group or two.
Yes. Freihofer Training Challenge.
Yes. At the HMRRC Winter Series Marathon and I was a GOTR running buddy.
14. Run over 900 miles.
Not if I don’t get moving. 5 Half marathons and only 404 miles so far. (Last year I ran 911 miles.)
- Keep up the weekly runs
- Continue signing up for races
- Drag myself to the gym now and then
- Take a yoga class or two
- Focus on speed for the shorter races.
- Prepare for my half marathon in October.
- Find a solution for my annoying achy feet (besides surgery)
- Lose those extra pounds.
That should keep me busy!!!