- Monday– I had the day off from work since I was working as tech support at the NYS Bar Exam. After a long day of sitting and reading, I was anxious to go for a run. It was VERY hot but I wasn’t far from one of the places where I like to do my long runs so I drove there. I ran 2 miles in one direction, stopped for water and ran 2 miles in the other. It was not easy but glad to get some exercise. (Rewarded myself with a Starbucks Frappuccino.)
- Tuesday – I again had the day off from work since I was working as tech support at the NYS Bar Exam. After another even longer day of sitting and reading, I knew that I had to go for a run. It was about 6 pm so I drove across the street to The Crossings which is a great place to run. I ran a 3 mile loop that included a water stop. Then I decided to run to the ice cream shop for a Salted Caramel milkshake (yum) and back until I added another mile.
- Wednesday – Another hot day but I was indoors all day at work. It was even too hot to go for a walk. So I dragged myself to my mini-gym to use the machines and then did some weeding at home. My hubby said it was too hot to cook so he twisted my arm and we went out to Chili’s followed by soft ice cream for dessert. (This hot weather sure is flattening.)
- Thursday – Today I knew it was going to be another hot day with a chance of welcomed thunderstorms so I dragged myself out of bed and ran 3 miles in the neighborhood before work. Yes, it was cooler but boy was it humid!!! After dinner, I met my BFF at the mall where we chatted and walked in circles until we tired and then stopped at Starbucks.
- Friday – Got again early to run 3 miles before work. My neighborhood is quite boring but I try to run in different directions. It was still humid but not as bad. I only had to work until noon. We had a staff picnic (sliders and ice cream) and we played games. After dinner, I played my weekly mah jongg.
- Saturday – No exercise today. We spent the day on our boat just relaxing, first a dock on an island and then in a bay. I carb loaded at a local restaurant for dinner.
- Sunday – Started the day with a nearby 5k race. After the race, I added 4 more miles and then spent the day with a friend who has a house in the area. My husband was on our boat. I met him later a little boating and for dinner before heading home.
21 miles for the week. Only 2 rest days which explains why I am tired.
This Week: (Week #3 of HM training)
- Monday- DAY OFF, rest, day at the track
- Tuesday – 3 mile run before work, tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run after work
- Thursday – rest, hair appt
- Friday – 5k race
- Saturday – rest, boating
- Sunday – 8 mile run, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?