This week’s topic is: Running Role Models/Runners You Admire
At my advancing age, I admire those runners over 50 such as:
- AJH from Age Groups Rock
- Pam from We Run Disney
- Holly from HoHo Runs
- Wendy from Taking the Long Way Home
- Linda from SeeLindaRun
- Judy from Chocolaterunsjudy
- Sherri from Adventures of a Middle-Aged Drama Queen
- Shelly from My Journey to Fit
- Charlotte from I Run in the Rain
(Sorry I couldn’t list all the over 50 bloggers… and yes, you younger runners are inspiring too, but let’s face it, it’s easier for you. You’ll see!))
I love to read about older women who are staying fit, being active, organizing running groups, running races from 5ks through marathons.
and of course, older runners that I have read about:
- Harriette Thompson who ran a marathon at age 92.
- Joan Benoit Samuelson at age 58, who can still finish a marathon in less than 3 hours.
I admire any older woman who is out there running, fast or slow, alone or in a group. I hope to be able to do the same for a very long time…
Happy Running! Who do you admire as a runner?