Can’t believe the summer has gone by so quickly!!! And it’s already September…
So how did this past month go?
- Run 3-4 times each week. Yes!
I tried to vary my runs. I get bored so I just pick different times and places for each one.
- Start longer runs on the weekend in preparation for Half marathon #15. Yes!
I have gotten up to 10 miles. None were exceptional but that’s the way they always are. Many were add-ons after races too.
- Walk at work on days that I don’t run. No!!! Too busy at work.
I lost my walking buddy so I have to be motivated to do it on my own. I AM NOT. This is a busy time of year at work and I just can’t tear myself away.
- Go to the gym at least once a week. No! Started to but that ended quickly…
I started going once a week but life just got in the way.
- Run before work to avoid the heat. Yes! Often.
The summer heat has forced me into this. My neighborhood is not exciting so I have searched out some others.
- Run a race or 2. Yes! Two 5ks and one 10K. Won 3rd, 2nd and 1st in my AG.
It’s no secret that I love to race. It’s the only time I can get my legs to move. Not ideal for half marathon training but I’m not one to follow traditional plans.
- Run at least 75 miles. Yes! 86 miles!!
Finally some decent monthly mileage…those long runs helped here.
- Spend time with my mentee & sons. Yes!
I have slacked off since she is working a lot and has a boyfriend. I hadn’t seen her since May so we were long over due. I plan to see them much more often in the fall.
- Spent lots of time on Lake George
Love our boat and our boating friends. Lake George is the most beautiful lake in the country and the weekend weather has cooperated this summer. Yay!
- Went to the track and actually won
For my former co-worker and I, this is an annual tradition. We have gone to breakfast at the race track for over 30 years. This year since I had the day off, we stayed for the races and I was incredibly lucky.
- Saw Jimmy Buffet in concert.
Friends turned me and the hubby on to Jimmy. We went to our first concert last year and vowed to repeat this awesome experience every year. It’s even more fun with friends.
- Spent a weekend with my tennis friends on Schroon River
Another annual thing. About 10 of us gather at a house on the river to play tennis and have fun every summer.
- Run 3-4 times each week.
- Continue the long runs on the weekend in preparation for Half marathon #15.
- Run a 5k race under 29 minutes.
- Run a 10K race under 60 minutes.
- Take a yoga class.
- Start doing planks again.
- Pick a spring half marathon.
- Run at least 90 miles.
Happy Running! How was your August? Anything exciting planned for September?