Thursdays are for thinking… so I am linking up with Running With Spoons…
So here’s what I’m thinking…
Can’t believe that summer is over and it’s now Fall!
So how did this past month go?
- Run 3-4 times each week. Yes.
I varied my runs and tried to run at different times of day and in different locations.
- Continue the long runs on the weekend in preparation for Half marathon #15. YES.
I have gotten up to 12 miles. None were exceptional but that’s the way they always are. Many were add-ons after races too.
- Run a 5k race under 29 minutes. YES!
Just barely. But I have not done any speed work training.
- Run a 10K race under 60 minutes. NO but almost.
- Take a yoga class. NO!
I now have a training group run on Mondays, tennis on Tuesday, mentor a run on Wednesdays. I guess I have to look for a Thursday class. But I did sign up for a 14 day Yoga Challenge – a video pose for each day but I only did the first 3 days.
- Start doing planks again. NO!
I may have done them a few times but not often enough to call it a YES. No excuses here… just plain lazy.
- Pick a spring half marathon. NO!
Still deciding. I’d like to do the Vermont City Relay again but it’s a lottery. Also would LOVE to run the NYC Half but that’s a lottery too. I am considering a few at the end of April or beginning of May as backups.
- Run at least 90 miles. YES!
93 miles. Half marathon training has helped keep my mileage up. It’s the most monthly miles I’ve run since last December when I was training for half # 11.
- Still lots of lake time.
We were lucky to have a warm September.
- Joined the Troy Turkey Trot Training Challenge for the 2nd year.
Although I will only go on Mondays since I have races on Saturdays, I enjoy it. And it’s good for me to push myself and run hills or do speed work.
- Starting Mentoring the STEM running group (survivors of domestic violence training for a 5k)
The first week, I got there late due to traffic so I switched to another group in a closer location. They meet 3x a week but I will go on Wednesdays and run with one lady.
- Lots of eating out in restaurants.
Not sure if that is a good thing. There’s been the after boating eat outs, my mil’s 90th birthday party and my monthly tennis get together.
- Run 3-4 times each week.
- Continue the long runs on the weekend.
- Run a 5k race under 29 minutes.
- Run a 10K race under 60 minutes.
- Finish a half marathon under 2:25:00
- Do some yoga.
- Start doing planks again.
- Continue running with a group.
- Walk 70,000 steps each week.
- Pick a spring half marathon.
- Run at least 85 miles.
- Start a knitting project.
Happy Running! How was your September? Anything interesting planned for October? What arer your thinking about today?