- Monday– I squeezed to in a walk at work and then after work, went to my 2nd Troy Turkey Trot training group run. (I had skipped Saturday.) It felt tougher this week than last. Holly was too fast to catch so I ran by myself. I had to walk many times on the hills of Prospect Park.
- Tuesday – Just a work day, my lunchtime walk was rained out and no tennis this week. Had to get my steps in by grocery shopping.
- Wednesday – I squeezed in a short run on the treadmill at work. (It was pouring out so I couldn’t run outside.) I wasn’t sure if I would make it to the STEM group run/walk on time after work. It’s a Couch to 5k program for survivors of domestic violence. But I could have since this new group is closer. It stopped raining 🙂 And actually, this fall, I am just running with one lady, Kelly, and her basement got flooded so she cancelled at the last minute. Since I was already dressed, I ran 2.5 more miles. After that run, I went out to dinner with my tennis friends.
- Thursday – A busy work day but managed a walk around campus at lunch and then a run after work with Judy.
- Friday – Another work day, with a lunch time walk and a few games of mah jongg in the evening (and I won twice!!)
- Saturday – Started the day with a cold & windy 5k and then drove to run 6 more for my last long run before the half.
- Sunday – Today 12 of us went to NYC. We took the bus down, walked the High Line and then had lunch in Chelsea. After lunch we went to see the show Beautiful (Carole King story) on Broadway. Afterwards, we had dinner and took the train home – long but fun day (8 miles of walking!)
This Week: (Week #11 of HM training)
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group), mall walk with my BFF
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 3 mile run before work, volunteer walk/run with STEM group
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – rest, bus to NYC, subway to Brooklyn, expo, etc.
- Saturday – 13.1 miles!! recovery walk around NYC, bus home
- Sunday – rest, last day of boating or spectating the local marathon??
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?