- Monday– I squeezed in a walk at work and then after work, went to my 3rd Troy Turkey Trot training group run. The hills killed me, as usual. But we varied the route this week to do 1 minute sprints so we only had to run the big hill twice. Afterwards, I met my BFF to walk around the mall and to catch up on our busy lives.
- Tuesday – Just a normal work day, but my lunchtime walk to the park was nice. Then 1 1/2 hours of tennis after work followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – I squeezed in a walk at work. I was planning to run with the STEM program (a Couch to 5k program for survivors of domestic violence.) after work but the client cancelled again 😦 . Instead, I ran on my own (my last one before the race.
- Thursday – A busy work day but managed a walk around campus at lunch and then rushed home to pack. (The iffy weather is making me crazy.)
- Friday – I took the day off from work and headed by bus to NYC. I took the subway to Brooklyn Bridge and walked over it to Brooklyn, took bus & dropped off my bag at the apartment where I was staying and then took another subway to the expo. After the expo, I took a subway to Prospect Park before I called it a day.
- Saturday – Half Marathon #15 is in the books! Unfortunately an inaugural race has lots of snafus and so did this one. My race didn’t go as planned since around mile 9, my lower back started to hurt so much that I thought of quitting at mile 12 (but I didn’t.) After the race, I spent a relaxing afternoon at Coney Island before heading home.
- Sunday – Recovery day spent on Lake George, where else?
21 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days.
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group)
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 3 mile run before work, volunteer walk/run with STEM group
- Thursday – 4 mile run after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 10K race
- Sunday – rest
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?