- Monday– I squeezed in a walk at work and then after work, went to my 4th Troy Turkey Trot training group run. The hills killed me, as usual. But we varied the route this week to do 1 minute sprints so we only had to run the big hill twice.
- Tuesday – Just a normal work day, but my lunchtime walk was postponed by rain until after work when the sun came out. Then I rushed to play 1 1/2 hours of tennis followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – I squeezed in a run at work just in case my run with the STEM program (a Couch to 5k program for survivors of domestic violence.) after work was cancelled again. But it wasn’t and I got run/walk with Kelly for the first time. She was great and so fast for a beginner.
- Thursday – Decided to take an unplanned rest day. Had a busy work day but still got in a late walk to the park at lunch and then had a hair appointment after work.
- Friday – Rest day 2. Another work day with a lunchtime walk and evening mah jongg games.
- Saturday – Ran a COLD 10K race in Saratoga State Park – slower than last year but won an Age Group award.
- Sunday – Spectated at an even colder Duathlon (for the 4th time.) I even saw my first snow flakes.
While AJH was riding 16 miles for the bike portion of the race, I ran the 2 mile section in my winter running gear: wool hat, turtleneck, jacket, capris, compression socks and GLOVES!
15 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (6 weeks until Half Marathon)
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group), mall walk with my BFF
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday –
2 mile run before or during work, 2 mile volunteer walk/run with STEM group, 4 mile run after work with Judy
- Thursday –
4 mile run after work with Judy, 4 mile run after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday –
early 7 mile run, Ellms family face with my mentee and sons, college reunion and walk across the Walkway Bridge and on the bike path
- Sunday –
college reunion and walk across the Walkway Bridge and on the bike path, early 7 mile run, Ellms family farm with my mentee and sons
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?