This week’s topic is Inspiring Others to Run
I’ll start with those who have inspired me:
- First, my tennis friends convinced me to join No Boundaries and that’s where I took my first step and never looked back.
- Then, these SRMs (Strong Running Mamas) inspired me to run a half marathon after only running 5ks for several years.
- Of course, there are all the fantastic bloggers who inspire me every day to go out and run.
- And those runners whom I have met at races and through running groups who motivate me to run faster and get across that finish line.
- And my current running friend, Judy, who intends to run a half marathon in every state. What an inspirational goal!
Hopefully, I inspire others, too. At least I try to.
- First of all, with this blog, I give candid descriptions of my races and experiences with running. Hopefully, it inspires others to run (especially us older ladies) and keep running.
- I was one of the original members of the SRMs (which has grown unbelievably in size.) They ran their first 5k in 2010 and have gone on to run half and full marathons.
- Last fall, I volunteered in the STEM program which helps survivors of domestic violence to run a 5k. It was such a great experience that I am doing it again now.
- I was Running Buddy with the Girls on the Run program last spring and plan to do it again this spring.
- I try to motivate my coworkers and friends to run. Last spring, one of the ladies in my mah jongg group ran her first 5k and has continued to run. At work, 2 co-workers are training to run their first 5k this November. It’s so exciting.
Happy Running! Who has inspired you to run? Whom have you inspired?