- Monday– I squeezed in a walk at work and then after work, went to my 5th Troy Turkey Trot training group run. The hills killed me, as usual. We did intervals this week – 3 minute sprints 2 minute recovery (well, I didn’t actually sprint.) Afterwards, I met my BFF at the mall to walk and chat.
- Tuesday – Just a normal work day, but my lunchtime walk was postponed by rain until after work when the sun came out. Then I rushed to play 1 1/2 hours of tennis followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – I squeezed in a walk at work and my run with the STEM program (a Couch to 5k program for survivors of domestic violence.) was cancelled so I met Judy at the Crossings to run with her. It’s always fun to have company and to enjoy a beautiful sunset.
- Thursday – Had a busy work day but still got in a late walk to the park at lunch and then after work, it was raining and I was REALLY tired so I bagged my run. (I hate when I do that!)
- Friday – Today was supposed to be a rest but I decided to run at lunch. It was chilly and windy but was happy to get it done.
- Saturday – Met one of my college friends in Poughkeepsie to walk over the Walkway Bridge and stroll on the scenic bike path.
- Sunday – Didn’t have to get up early to squeeze in a 7 mile run. My mentee had to work so I took one of her sons to Ellms Family Farms in the afternoon – went on rides, mazes, picked pumpkins, ate cider donuts, had a great day!
17.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (5 weeks until Half Marathon)
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group)
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 2 mile run during work, 2 mile walk/run with STEM client, dinner with tennis ladies
- Thursday – 3 mile run during work
- Friday – DAY OFF, rest, bus to NYC, Italian Food Tour of NYC, expo to pick up race packet
- Saturday – 5K race in NYC, run 5 more miles in Central Park, hang out in Manhattan, bus home
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?