- Monday– I squeezed in a short walk at work and then after work, went to my 6th Troy Turkey Trot training group run. The hills still kill me and the slower runners didn’t come so I was struggling to keep up.
- Tuesday – Just a normal work day with a lunchtime walk and then 1 1/2 hours of tennis after work and dinner out after.
- Wednesday – My walk was rained out and my STEM client had a dentist appt. So I was forced onto the treadmill. I haven’t watched any TV since last winter so watching Nashville on my iPad was the only good thing about the run. After my run, I rushed off to my monthly dinner out with the tennis ladies.
- Thursday – Had a busy work day but walked during lunch. After work, I met a running friend, Barbara, for a short run on the rail trail. That was nice to have the company and though I was tired, I ran faster than I would have if I were running alone.
- Friday – Today I had the day off from work so I could take the bus down to NYC. After checking my bag at Macy’s, I took the subway to Little Italy for my Italian Food Tour of NYC. After the 2 hour tour, I headed to the expo to pickup my race bib and soak up some NYC Marathon energy. Finally I checked into my room and called it a day.
- Saturday – I got up early to get to the start of my 5K. I ran 3.1 miles from the UN and through the NYC Marathon finish line. It was so cool. Then I had brunch at Tavern on the Green. Since it was a beautiful sunny, cool day, I continued running 5 more miles in Central Park – Heaven! After checking out of my room, I had diner & then went back to the expo before catching my bus home.
- Sunday – A well deserved rest day but really so much to do around the house.
17 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (4 weeks until Half Marathon)
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group), mall walk with my BFF
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 2 mile run during work, 2 mile walk/run with STEM client
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – 4 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – proctor MPREs, race packet pickup
- Sunday -15K race, anniversary mah jongg dinner
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?