- Monday– Taper week has begun. Ran 3 miles at UAlbany and then met my BFF at Starbucks (instead of our usual mall walk).
- Tuesday – Played 1 1/2 hours of tennis after work followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – Planned to run before work but it was raining so ran 3 miles after work instead…on the treadmill. UGH!!
- Thursday – Did my last run before my race – 3 miler after work through the lights in the park.
- Friday – Got up at the crack of dawn for a 5:30 am flight. No travel delays and arrived in West Palm at 11:30 am. My friend F picked me up at the airport and we went straight to the expo to pick up my bib.
- Rain was predicted for the whole weekend and had rained before I arrived, we drove straight to the beach and then we went out to lunch. I spent the evening reminiscing with beer & pizza with my good friend M.
- Saturday – Got in a walk before the rain. Since it was raining, we went to a flea market and then out to lunch. When the rain stopped, we visited 2 wildlife sanctuaries. Then my friend F drove me to West Palm to my hotel.
- Sunday – A miracle! None of the predicted rain arrived. Instead, gusty winds, heat & humidity. Nothing hurt yet it was still one of my slowest half marathons ever. But I finished upright and happy inspite of having a difficult race.
- Met my friend G after the race and we drove to her place in Jupiter. Then we decided (my idea) to visit a lighthouse and climb to the top. Afterwards we had lunch and then returned to her house in Jupiter. Spent the evening hanging out with one of her friends.
- Monday – Got up early and went to a short run/walk around the neighborhood. Then G & I walked along the beach (windy, cloudy but no rain), visited a turtle refuge and a thrift shop. After a late lunch, G drove me to the airport in West Palm.
23 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (8 weeks until Half Marathon #18)
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 2 miles after work, yoga
- Thursday – 4 miles after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5k race + 4-5 miles
- Sunday – trip to NYC
This week’s topic is: Expos.
As you read, I went to one over the weekend. (I didn’t buy anything. I was going to buy myself a hat after the race if I ran well, but I didn’t. 😦 )
And most importantly, the winner is…
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?