- Monday – Ran 5 miles in the morning on the paved rail trail with my running friend Barbara. Finally felt like winter (in the 20’s) and my body was confused. Found it hard to breathe with the colder air but I think it was really that running with Barbara makes me run at a faster pace. Felt good to get out of my comfort zone.
Since I haven’t sat down since last Wednesday, I decided to purchase some toys to help me: wool to knit an infinity scarf, a puzzle and some adult coloring books.
- Tuesday – Winter weather continued with our first snow fall (just an inch with some sleet so roads were a mess). I was glad to stay home near my fireplace with my new coloring books, knitting project and puzzle. (Yes, I am trying to relax…) In the evening, I played 1 1/2 hours of tennis followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – I had a car appointment in the morning (2 1/2 hours of knitting time) which I followed with a 5 mile run. I was happy for find some place without slush. Afterwards, I went shopping to take advantage of some of those after Christmas sales.
- Thursday – A relaxing day followed by a movie and dinner out with the hubby to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
- Friday – First race of 2016 -a popular local race where I ran the 3.5 mile race. I knew a lot of folks there so it was a fun way to start the year.
After the race, I ran 3.5 more miles around campus.
- Saturday – When you’re off all week, there’s not much to catch up on…so I did some cooking and shopping. In the evening, the hubby & I went to ANOTHER movie.
- Sunday – Another long run in preparation for my Feb. 7 half marathon. This time, I ran 10 miles on the Corning bike path. Judy was nice enough to accompany me on 3.5 of them. Afterwards I met my BFF for a walk in the mall.
26 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (4 weeks until Half Marathon #17)
- Monday – rest, tennis
- Tuesday – 4 mile run after work
- Wednesday – 3 mile run after work, yoga
- Thursday – rest, dinner out with an old friend
- Friday – 3 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – HMRRC Winter Series #2 10K race + 3.8 more miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?