Every Wednesday, the Deb from Deb Runs will be providing a word about which to blog. Kind of like a nice little blog prompt. Posts can be fitness or health related, but don’t have to be, so really anyone can play along. Just be sure to link up with InLinkz on Deb’s main post, and share the love by reading and commenting on other’s participant’s posts.
This week’s Word is RENEWAL
According to the dictionary, renewal is
- the process of starting something again after a pause
- a process of improving, repairing, or making something more successful
No one is perfect so we all need some kind of renewal. And the beginning of the new year is a perfect time to renew ourselves…
So here’s how I plan my “renewal” for 2016:
- Renew my interest in yoga
- Renew my desire to be fitter by exercising more often
- Renew my diet by making healthier food choices
- Start walking again during my work day
- Renew enthusiasm for my job
- Be more in the moment (less multi-tasking)
- Renew my interest in creative endeavors (quilting, knitting, sewing, needlepoint)
- Challenge myself
- Learn something new
- Renew friendships that have lapsed
- Spend more time with family members
- Focus on the positive
- Relax more
You should note that there is no mention of running. My running, I think is in a constant state of renewal. I always try to improve, repair and be more successful where my running is concerned. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. But I always feel renewed when I cross the finish line.
Happy Running! Do you plan to do any type of “renewal” in 2016?