- Monday – Winter was back! It was freezing and soo windy!!! I went for a short walk during work but after work, it got even colder and windier. I would have skipped my run but it’s was the first meeting of the Freihofer Training Challenge Group. We froze but ran about 3 miles. This is the 6th year of the group (and my 2nd time). They run on Mondays at 6:30 am, 1 pm and 6 pm. There were so many newbie runners and my same”advanced group” friends.
Afterwards, I had my STEM orientation (running group for survivors of domestic violence). This spring, there are 2 groups and they each run M, W, F, S. I am volunteering for 10 weeks on Wednesday evenings using the Couchto5K app.
- Tuesday – Of course, it was warmer and sunnier than Monday (and it is predicted to rain the rest of the week) but it was my rest day. So I took 2 walks and played tennis after work (and our usual after tennis dinner outing).
- Wednesday – A dreary day but I managed to squeeze out a run during lunch before the predicted rain (that never came.)
After work I went to the mall to get my steps in (since I didn’t walk at work.)
- Thursday – A busy work day but managed to get one walk in at work and a run after work. Boy, my legs were not feeling the run.
- Friday – A rainy day (or most of the day) but at least today was another rest day so I didn’t care. I actually took a walk to the park in the rain. Mah jongg was at my house this week. (That means left over junk food.)
- Saturday – Today I ran the Ice Breaker Challenge 5k race. The weather was forecast to be nice. It wasn’t…cold, cloudy, windy. I was frozen. But I still had a decent race and won my age group (60-99? WTH?)
After the race, I stayed and was supposed to run 7 more miles with a new running friend. But her son got sick at the last minute so I was solo. By the end of my run, the sun came out and the rest of the day was beautiful. (It figures!!)
- Sunday – Had a nice Easter dinner at my mother in law’s. The weather was so nice that I went for two walks – one in my mil’s neighborhood and one near home
19.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days. (89,078 steps)
This Week: (4 weeks until Half Marathon #19)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (3 miles)
- Tuesday – rest,
tennis,GOTR meet your running buddy & orientation, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – 3 mile run, dinner out
- Thursday – rest, dinner out
- Friday – 4 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – 5 mile race + 6 miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?