- Monday – Snowstorm. Yes, in April.!!! My group run got cancelled. I actually went for a short walk to the park and back but it was freezing so then I used the exercise bike. Not happy with Spring 2016.
- Tuesday – Even though it was windy and cold, I did go for a walk to the park (& Starbucks). I skipped tennis in favor of my re-scheduled Freihofer Training Challenge group run. (My tennis elbow is still on the mend anyway.) It was freezing but I survived some 1 minute sprints with the speedsters.
Then I went to the mall to get more steps and do more bargain shopping.
- Wednesday – I continued my walk a day at work. After work was my first run with the STEM Couch to 5k group. I got there early and ran a sluggish 3 mile loop.
This STEM group was so enthusiastic. I can’t wait to run with them again.
- Thursday – I got to work and found 9 dozen of the best doughnuts in our area. And this is “our be healthy month!” WTH?
Of course I had to have one…or 2.
I tried to squeeze in a run before the rain but was not successful. But I did use the treadmill before I left work to go to my hair appt.
- Friday – Other than one walk, it was a real rest day followed by an evening of mah jongg (and to bed too late!)
- Saturday – Ran a chilly 5k race. I switched from the 10k to the 5k because I didn’t want to run the hills.
While I was waiting for the results, I ran another 3 miles.
Then I drove to the Zim Smith Trail to run more miles with Judy and her friend Denise. I celebrated my 12 mile run day with delicious bread pudding.
Later I went out to dinner with the hubby.
- Sunday – I knew we had to pay so I left this to the last minute…TAXES!!! And laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning…not my favorite activities. But it was still sunny when I was done so I went for a walk.
This Week: (2 weeks until Half Marathon #19)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (4 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis?
- Wednesday – 3 mile run, STEM Couch to 5k run
- Thursday – rest, mall walk with BFF ?
- Friday – 3 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest, day with mentee & sons
- Sunday – 10 miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?