- Monday – So we went from winter to summer here, it appears. It was 75 degrees for my lunch walk to the park. The tulips aren’t looking to great (due to that recent snowstorm?) but still a lovely walk and a delicious Starbucks chocolate banana smoothie.
Sunday night, I woke up with an ache in my right Achilles. It kept me up most of the night. I was panic-stricken imagining DNSing my half and all my summer races. But it was fine all day so I decided to go to my group run. We were scheduled for a 10 min warm-up and cool down and then 8 400m intervals at 5k pace with 2 min. jogging in between. I asked my coach what I should do after an 11 mile run the day before and a half marathon coming up. I was considering not doing the speed repeats. He recommended doing them but not at 5k pace but at 15k pace. So that’s what I did. It was 79 degrees and my legs were tired but the laps got easier as I ran them. My 400 m times were not speedy like last week but in the 2:10-2:15 range. The best part was that my Achilles felt fine…no pain at all (phew!)
- Tuesday – The day started out cool and cloudy but got better and I again went for my daily afternoon walk. More good news – my elbow pain has mysteriously disappeared and I played tennis without worry. Afterwards, as usual, we went out to dinner.
- Wednesday – Another beautiful spring day and a walk to the park.
After work and before the STEM ladies arrived, I ran one loop around campus. Then I was paired up with Michelle again. She was even speedy that last week. (But the French lady can no longer come on Wed. 😦 ) It was a fun workout. Love these ladies!
- Thursday – It was too busy at work for me to get out and walk but I did squeeze out a run. The closest place to go was the track. Not exciting but got it done.
After work, I went out to dinner with two coworkers. I actually walked to and from the restaurant. The reason why is below:
Then I stopped off to go grocery shopping and to buy ingredients to make charoset for the seder the next night.
- Friday – The day started out rainy but improved and was quite warm. I had to do some errands during lunch (forgot to buy the horseradish & gelfite for seder) and only got in a short walk to Starbucks.
In the evening, one of my mah jongg friends hosted our annual Passover seder. Always a good time (and there were as many non-Jews as Jews there.)
- Saturday – I tried to make myself rest. I didn’t run but got in a lot steps doing errands and housework. Then I went out to dinner with the hubby to carb load for the next day.
- Sunday – I completed my 19th half marathon. I ran it with my friend Barbara on a perfect running weather day but those hills…I barely survived.
24 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (5 weeks until Half Marathon #20)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (4 miles?)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – 3 miles, Mystery Room & dinner out with my tennis friends
- Thursday –4 miles, mall walk wiht BFF
- Friday – rest, pasta pre-race dinner, mah jongg
- Saturday – 10K race
- Sunday – 5K race
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?