- Monday – A cool, cloudy day. I managed to take my Starbucks walk to the park. I hope you are not tired of tulips pics because they are just beginning to bloom (and I will probably post pics everyday.)
I was secretly hoping that it might rain so I didn’t have to go to my group training run. But it didn’t rain until much later. On the schedule was 4-6 800m at 5k pace. I talked to my coach and he said not to do that but to run with the Intermediate group. Phew!!! So I did and the 8:1 intervals were perfect. I spent the first half of the run talking to one of the mentors who is also a Skirt Sports ambassador and the second half to another runner that I met during one of the Troy Turkey Trot training groups. And actually after that recovery run, my legs felt better. I even continued my walk in the mall.
- Tuesday – A cold nasty day. It also poured most of the day. I was glad that a rest was on my schedule. And that I play tennis indoors.
- Wednesday – The day started out poorly. My car battery died. Luckily my hubby could drive me to work and my friend could drive me home. Instead of my walk to the park today, I ran near work.
After work, my tennis friends scheduled a visit to the “Mystery Room” in the mall. We had a blast. Then afterwards, we went out to dinner (what else?)
- Thursday – To celebrate Million Mile Month, my co-workers took a walk to the park at lunch. (Not so exciting for me, since I do it everyday but they enjoyed viewing the tulips.)
I went for a run after work before walking the mall with my BFF.
- Friday – No running today and of course, I walked to the park to gaze at the tulips.
Played mah jongg afterwards.
- Saturday – Perfect weather for a race. Unfortunately due to stomach issues, a blister and tired legs, I didn’t have my A game. Knowing so many runners at this race made it one of my favorites (despite my 4th place AG finish.)
Afterwards, I took advantage of the weather and went for a long walk.
Then drove to pick up my bib for my 5k the next day, went grocery shopping, did some errands, etc.. After a soak in the hot tub, went out to dinner with the hubby.
- Sunday – I woke up to rain and contemplated bailing on the race. But I didn’t and I’m glad I didn’t. My legs were even more tired than yesterday. I gave it my best shot (but only finished 5th in my AG – those darn speedy old people!). Again, seeing familiar faces made the race much more enjoyable.
This Week: (4 weeks until Half Marathon #20)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (3 miles)
- Tuesday – Practice GOTR 5K
- Wednesday – 3 miles, STEM Run
- Thursday – rest, b-day dinner & movie with BFF
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 15K race, Tulip Fest with mentee & sons
- Sunday – 5K race (GOTR), dinner out for Mother’s Day
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?