- Monday – Tonight was week 3 of the Troy Turkey Trot Training group run. I didn’t run on Sunday so I couldn’t use the tired leg excuse. And Patrick was our coach this week (He’s tough but very cute.) Those 5 one minute sprints on the hills were HARD but got it done.
- Tuesday – Just work with a short walk at lunch and tennis in the evening. We went out to dinner after and I had soup & salad. No dessert again!
- Wednesday – The sun came out for my lunch time walk.
I met up with Alyssa and Barbara for a run before my STEM volunteering. The weather is getting warm again but it was not too bad.
The STEM group is doing the Couch to 5k walk/run and they’re up to 5/3/5/3 minutes running/walking. We had two new clients and they did great.
- Thursday – It’s been looking more like fall everyday but strangely it has been getting warmer – in the 70s today.
I got a quick run in before meeting up with a former co-worker (whom I haven’t seen in 18 years.) I ran around work so I could get back and change into my work clothes before dinner.
- Friday – Rest day but at least I walked at lunch.
After work, I went to a class on using the Apple Watch and then, I played in my weekly mah jongg game
- Saturday -Rest day #2. I drove to Mass to pick up my bib and had a nice lunch.
I went to see the founder of the “Humans of New York” photography series. Brandon Stanton was the key speaker for UAlbany’s Alumni Weekend. That meant a late night to bed (before my half the next day.) We went out to dinner before (for pizza) so at least, I carb loaded. 🙂
- Sunday – I ran the Ramblefest Half Marathon (Half #22). It was chilly, my ankle throbbed for the first 5 miles and it rained for the last 5 miles. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful and flat course and I HAD A PR!! Worth the pain and sogginess.
24 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – Day off from work 🙂 and hiking/boating or Turkey Trot Training group run (3 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – 5 mile run with friends+ volunteering with STEM group
- Thursday – 3 mile run, mall walk with BFF ??
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 10K race
- Sunday – Spectating at a Duathlon and 2 mile run
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?