Ted Spiker recently wrote an article in RW about funny running acronyms. His instructions are to edit the answers to reflect your running life.
My answers are below. Feel free to re-post or answer in a comment.
- DNS: Did Not Start—yes
Unfortunately most were injury-related and a few were weather-related.
- DNF: Did Not Finish—no
I’ve always finished (even when I shouldn’t have).
- DNRTAL: Did Not Remember To Apply Lube—no
Don’t hate me but I don’t chafe.
- DFL: Dead Freaking Last—no
Not yet. Hopefully never.
- FFF: Finished Freaking First—no
No way. No How. Most likely never.
- BQ: Boston Qualified—no
I’ve never run a marathon and if I did, I still would not BQ.
- DQ: Didn’t Quit—yes
As I said about DNF, I always finish races.
- POPOPOP: Pancake on Pancake on Pancake on Pancake—yes
Love my carbs.
- LYORP: Liked Your Own Race Photo—yes
There have been quite a few that I have liked.
- WAMTD: Wore a Medal to Dinner—no
I am usually with non-runners or I don’t eat in a restaurant after a half marathon. (I would have last weekend if they gave medal for the 5k.)
- BTW: Bemoaned the Weather—yes
Often. I’ve run in too many races where it has rained!
- SSP: Shared Shoe Photos—yes
- TBT: Threw-up By Track—no
No, Thank God. I did feel like it a few times including my last 5k.
- PR: Personal Record—yes
They are harder to come by but I did this year in the half and last year in the 4m, 5m and 15K.
- PB: Personal Bartie—no
But I’ve taken a pic with Frank Shorter, Joan Samuelson and Deena Kastor.
- CRAP: Certifiably Ruined a Porta-Potty—no
- LOL: Leaked On Leg—no
- OMG: Ordered Many GUs—no
But I have bought many many GUs. I don’t order them online because I like to eat only certain flavors and a variety of them.
- BFF: Blessed with Fast Feet—no
I wish! I have to work at it!
- LMAO: Lunged My Ass Off—no
Who does lunges?? LOL.
- LMFAO: Lunged My Fat Ass Off—no
- BRB: Blisters Rubbed Bloody—yes
Unfortunately during a few half marathons.
- WTF: Waddled Through Finish—no
I’m sure that I would if I ran 26.2 miles.
- IDK: Injured Damn Knee—no
Knock on wood. My knees are fine. (Hear that you non-runners!)
- EAT: Eulogized a Toenail—no
I have bruised one but so far have never lost one. I attribute it to buying large enough running shoes. (I wear a size 7 shoe and 8.5 running shoe.)
- GPBAJ: Got Passed By a Joggler—no
Not sure. I did get passed by someone carrying a pizza box.
Happy Running! Feel free to answer any of the above.