- Monday – Our good weather continued for one more day. It was even warmer than Sunday. Tonight was week 5 of the Freihofer Challenge Group run and the plan called for 10 min. warm-up, 4-6 800m sprints at 5k pace, 400m recovery after each, cool down. The day after a 5k race plus 6 additional miles? Could I do it? Patrick allowed me to back off and do them at 10k pace. I actually felt stronger after each one. My first and last were my fastest at 4:10. (He let us stop after 4 repeats. 🙂 )
- Tuesday – A nasty rainy day. My run got replaced by (indoor) tennis. It was fun since I hadn’t played in weeks and of course, we went out to dinner afterwards.
- Wednesday – Another dreary day but the rain stopped by afternoon and it warmed right up. I managed to squeeze in a quick sweaty run before meeting my tennis friends for our monthly dinner out. (Unfortunately I had to skip my STEM volunteering.)
- Thursday – Today Alyssa and I decided to run on the Corning Bike Path since we hadn’t been there in ages. As usual it was a good one.
- Friday – I decided to stop at the gym then stay home and pack for my weekend in NYC. (I even skipped mah jongg 😦 )
- Saturday – I headed to NYC with fellow runner Sue. I only knew her a little but we got along great. (Runners always seem to.) After leaving our bags at our hotel, we headed to the expo to get our race packets, had lunch and then went back to our hotel to check into our room. Yes, we walked over 11 miles the day before our race on a very warm day. We carbloaded at a nice Italian restaurant with another local runner and her daughters. Eventually we returned to the hotel to try to get some sleep before rising early the next day.
- Sunday – Today I ran the Women’s Shape Half Marathon in Central Park, NYC. It was tough. Maybe my toughest half. Those hills are no joke but I finished and had a fun day.
24. 6 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis
- Wednesday – rest, fly to Florida
- Thursday – Sunday – running, tennis, hanging out at the beach, dinner out and lots of fun.
Happy Running! How is your running going?