- Monday – Another day in paradise. 3 mile run followed by a tennis lesson then doubles play. Then off to the beach. Ended the day with dinner out ❤
- Tuesday – It was my birthday but the day was not too much different than the previous day. I did all my favorite things: running, tennis, reading & Scrabble on the beach, dinner, drinks, dessert with a sunset view. Awesomeness!
- Wednesday – Last day of vacation. I packed, had a tennis lesson but instead of playing tennis, I went to a Wildlife Sanctuary. We had a nice 2.5 mile walk but because of the drought, we only saw an alligator and no birds (no water in the lakes). We had our last Florida meal out and headed for the airport.
- Thursday – Back to reality – cooler temps and WORK! Ugh! The highlight on my day was getting to run with Alyssa and we chose to run in the park to view the tulips. (Rain is predicted for the Tulip Fest this weekend.)
- Friday – Rest day but did squeeze in a trip to the gym before mah jongg.
- Saturday – Rain was predicted so I wasn’t looking forward to this 5k race. But it is an important cause (memorial to a former STEM runner) so I was planning on going no matter what. And it poured!!!
I had hoped to run 7 more miles after the race but I was too wet so I bailed on my long run. Instead I went to the movies (Boss Baby) and dinner (milkshakes and burgers at Johnny Rockets) with my mentee and her sons.
- Sunday – The forecast was for rain so I didn’t sign up for a race. But it never rained. So instead I celebrated Mother’s Day with a run on the unpaved rail trail followed by a big dinner at my MIL’s.
23 miles done with 5 runs and 2 rest days
- Monday – FRW Challenge (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, work travel (to Buffalo)
- Wednesday – rest, out of town work and travel home
- Thursday – Corporate Challenge race (3.5 miles)
- Friday – rest, hair appt, mah Jong
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – Steel Rail Half Marathon
Happy Running! How is your running going?