- Monday – My legs were tired from running 2 days in a row but this might have been my last FRW Challenge group run so I went. It was great to be back after missing 2 weeks. On the schedule was a 1 mile warm-up, 2 x 2 miles at race pace, jog cool down after each one, final cool down. I wasn’t sure that I would be able to do it but I did the first one (3 laps on the trail) and didn’t die and on the 2nd one, I only ran race pace for the 3rd lap. It was tough but I survived!!
- Tuesday – Today I had to drive to Buffalo (5 hrs) for tomorrow’s training. No exercise at all.
- Wednesday -After 8 hours of training, I had to drive home from Buffalo. Again no exercise whatsoever.
- Thursday – Summer arrived after an abbreviated spring. After work, I participated in the Workforce Challenge – a 3.5 mile race as part of my work team (along with 10,000 other runners.) It was 98 degrees with the humidity just as high. I slogged along with everyone else and enjoyed meeting some new co-worker/runners.
- Friday – Another rest day during my taper week and an hair appt. before mah jongg.
- Saturday – Rest day #4 with some gardening, an nail appt, our first day on the lake and then out to dinner to celebrate belatedly my birthday and my hubby’s birthday (which was the next day.)
- Sunday – Today I ran the Steel Rail Half Marathon in Mass. The course was flat, the weather was cool and my legs felt super rested. (It didn’t seem to matter that my Garmin keeps resetting after 6.2 miles.) The result: a shiny new PR!! I loved the course and enjoyed the race. Now for a training break!!
21.5 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days
- Monday – FRW Challenge (4 miles) or solo 3 mile recovery run
- Tuesday – rest, b-day dinner out & movie
- Wednesday – 3 miles with Alyssa, STEM volunteer run
- Thursday – rest, b-day dinner out
- Friday – 3 miles, mah Jong chez moi
- Saturday – 6 mile run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Did you race this weekend?