Last week –
- Monday – I was nearby for work so decided to run at The Crossings. I felt great but had to cut it short because it got too dark (and I didn’t have my knuckle lights with me.)
- Tuesday – A long work day and a rest day after running 3 days in a row. Besides it was raining!!!
- Wednesday – I took the train to Manhattan for work. After I went to and from Queens, I took the subway to Central Park to run in the evening. It was great to run with lights and others runners around.
I continued my run through the streets of NY looking at all the holiday lights. (Pictured below are Rockefeller Center, Saks & Fox News)
- Thursday – I worked all day in Queens but still squeezed in a run along the Hudson in the evening.
Then I ran back to the hotel via Bryant Park.
- Friday – Again I worked all day in Queens and then took the train home…no time to run today.
- Saturday – No morning run with the Wineglass ladies. Instead I had a hair appointment and in the evening we all ran the Albany Last Run, a 5k race through the lights in the park. As usual, it was a fun time even though it snowed before and during the race and we could barely run without slipping. (In fact I did fall crossing the finish line LOL)
Afterwards, we went back to Judy’s for food, drink and a lively book discussion. The book was A Beautiful Work in Progress by Mirna Valerio.
- Sunday – Just a day to catch up on everything I’ve ignored.
Next Week –
- Monday – 6 mile run
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 3 mile run?
- Thursday – work in Queens, 3 mile run?
- Friday – rest, work in Queens, train home
- Saturday – 6-8 mile run, BFF’s birthday dinner
- Sunday – rest day, tennis Holiday Party
And the winner is…………………
WENDY from Taking the Long Way home.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any snow yet?? Please share.