- Monday – Third day in a row of this heat wave. And a case of DOMs from Saturday’s downhills. I had planned to run before work and even set my alarm clock but just couldn’t motivate myself to get out of bed. So that meant a slog after work in 100 degree temps. I chose the rail trail near home because of the shade. I found a penny and didn’t die so all was good.
- Tuesday – And the heat wave continued. A little cooler. Not 100 but only in the high 90s. While waiting to play tennis, I did a short 2 mile slog and then sweated through 2 sets of doubles before we cried Uncle.
- Wednesday – Fourth of July. A Day Off! Another hot one. My friends were running a 4 mile race and normally I would be experiencing FOMO but no, I was happy to be on the lake… swimming, relaxing in the shade
and watching the fireworks at night.
- Thursday – A late night on Wednesday meant being very tired today and it was still hot out. But then the storms came and they continued. It was still thundering when I left work but not raining. So I drove to the Crossings to run with some others. Of course when I arrived, it started to pour. I left and figured I would bag my running for the day. But as I approached home, it had stopped raining. The temps had dropped a little but the humidity has increased to like 99%. I attempted a run even though I could hear thunder in the distance. It never rained but I was dripping wet and wished it had.
- Friday – Another rest day and the temps finally dropped and we got some more rain. I did at least go out to play mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Run Day Saturday with my “Sole Sisters.” I have nothing planned except for a few 5ks until Sept 23 so I was able to run with whomever and for whatever distance. So nice… The group decided to meet at Zim Smith Trail so we could indulge at Leah’s Cakery afterwards. The 9 of us started together but then paired up and ran varying distances (from 5-8 miles). I ran with Judy (not this Judy) for 7 miles (at a much faster pace than I would have if I were running alone).
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. My hubby decided to play tennis before we left so I couldn’t sit still so ran in the ‘hood.
The weather was absolutely perfect. And so was the scenery. We hung out in the on the boat in the bay all day.
After stopping on the way home for ice cream, I decided to go for a long walk. There a waterline trail right behind my house. Who knew how awesome it was. I need to run there…
This Coming Week –
- Monday – long drive to Buffalo for work, 3–4 miles
- Tuesday – 3 miles in Buffalo
- Wednesday – rest day, long drive home
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 8 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.