Back to traveling for work…every week until Christmas (except one jury duty week).
- Monday – I had planned to go to a Turkey Trot Training group run but being away for the weekend, I had so much to do. So I ran locally (after the rain finally stopped) and before darkness set in.
- Tuesday – Long drive to Rochester. I had plans to set up and then go for a run on the Erie Canal. But they messed up the dates and I had to train TODAY. By the time I was done and set up, it was too dark and late to run 😦
- Wednesday – Work day in Rochester and due to the mix up, I had to drive home rather than stay over night. I wanted to squeeze in a run but it was raining.
- Thursday – Home a day early so I was able to run locally. 2 Sole Sisters met me at UAlbany so that was fun. Then I went out for drinks (& dinner) and that was even more fun.
- Friday – Due to missing several runs this week and the impending rain forecast, I decided to go for a quick run on the rail trail before evening with my mah jongg buddies.
- Saturday –Long Run and Brunch Day with the Sole Sisters cancelled due to RAIN!!! Instead I (stupidly) got a flu and shingles shot at the same time. Ouch!
- Sunday – Re-scheduled long run. I ran 2 miles to carpool with Barbara and then met the rest of the Sole Sisters at the Corning Bike Path. I had hoped to run 9-10 more miles. But my legs, hips, back ached with every step. I could not even lift my left arm. I struggled and got through 8 miles thanks to Alyssa. Brunch made me feel a little better and then I walked 2 miles home. I get round 2 of the shingles vaccine in 2 mos. I will make sure I don’t do it a day before a long run or race.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Turkey Trot Training Group?? Most likely a rest day
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis sub, rain forecast so maybe another rest day
- Wednesday – train to NYC for work, 4 miles
- Thursday –3 miles (in NYC)
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – rest day, day with my mentee and her 2 sons
- Sunday – Stockade-athon 15K Race
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.