Yes, I packed my bags and flew to Florida to visit friends and run a half marathon.
Last week –
- Monday – With more snow predicted, I decided that I best squeeze in another run. And I did.
- Tuesday – Yes, we got snow …AGAIN!!!!!. So I had to resort to the treadmill for a short run before tennis. I love being in town on a Tuesday to catch up with my tennis friends.
- Wednesday – I was worried that due to the weather, my flight would be cancelled. Luckily, it was not. So I took an early morning flight to West Palm Beach, FL and then I drove to Delray Beach to stay with a friend. (who coincidentally just had knee replacement surgery.) We had a nice day at the pool, at a bird sanctuary and then dinner out.
- Thursday – another day in paradise. Started the day with a run, followed by the pool. Then spent the afternoon at the beach. I had dinner with an old friend and ended the day watching the sunset.
- Friday – I decided to be smart today and rest. I took a leisurely walk and then met my college roommate for brunch. After a few errands, I drove to Vero Beach to pick up my race packet and then to Sebastian where my sisterinlaw and her husband live. I carb loaded at an Italian restaurant and then relaxed at their home.
- Saturday – Race Day!! A early wake up and drive to Vero Beach. No problems and perfect weather. More about race in my recap but the highlight was meeting a lady who was nervously running her first half marathon and running the whole race chatting and encouraging her.
Afterward I celebrated with lunch on the water, seeing the sights of Sebastian before heading off to Hobe Sound where I would be spending my final two nights.
- Sunday – I felt very fresh so started the day with an easy run. Then we spent the afternoon relaxing on the beach.
I ended my last night in Florida with an awesome seafood dinner
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles in Stuart, lunch with a friend, fly home
- Tuesday – rest day,
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 4 miles?
- Thursday – 4 miles in NYC
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 4 slow miles
- Sunday – Shamrock Shuffle 5M Race
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? Please share.