So since I was on vacation last Monday, this is a TWO week update.
Two Weeks Ago:
- Monday – my legs were tired but rain was in the forecast for the next few days so I dragged them out for an after work run around campus
it was not a great one but as they say a bad run is better than no run & I listened to another podcast
- Tuesday – It was supposed to rain but never did but I had scheduled a rest day anyway. After work, I played tennis and attended a STEM committee meeting
- Wednesday -Warm, windy day. I met Alyssa for a run. We ran on the rail trail instead of our usual campus loop. It was a great run. Finally!
running with friends is the best!
- Thursday – Winter temps returned. Snow flurries and insane winds. I had planned to run at lunch but decided against and then had a hair appt. after work. So resting for my big race began a day early.
- Friday – 6 am flight to West Palm Beach. Arrived, picked up a rental car with my friend Fran. We met Fonda (whom I would be staying with) in Delray Beach. We had a nice lunch, walked around town and then decided to walk around Green Cay to do some bird watching. We went back into town to visit the art gallerys (First Friday event in Delray) and the shops and eventually enjoyed a light dinner. I finally dropped my friend Fran off at her hotel and then drove to Fonda’s to call it a (long) day.
- Saturday – Started the day off with a walk around the golf course where Fonda lives, then headed to Wakodahatchee for more bird watching. Saw alligators, iguanas and tons of birds nesting. Even saw some newly hatched baby birds. After, I picked up Fran and we had lunch with some old friends in Delray Beach.
After lunch, Fran and I drove an hour to Hutchinson Island so I could pick up my race packet. Then we headed to Hobe Sound where we had dinner with Georgette and her husband (with whom I would be staying for the next two nights). After dinner, Georgette was nice enough to take Fran to her hotel in Stuart so I could hit the hay early.
- Sunday – Today I ran the Treasure Coast Half Marathon. It was a beautiful course and I enjoyed it even though I felt my lack of training, it was insanely windy, I had stomach cramps the first half, and sore feet and lower back the second half. Yes. I am a crazy runner.
2:18:25 – Half Marathon #24
After the race, I drove to Fran’s hotel so I could shower and change and then off we went to a Mets vs Cardinals spring training game. The Mets lost 14-10 but we still had fun. After the game, we went out to dinner with Georgette and her husband. Another busy LONG day.
20 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days
- Monday – Georgette and I got up early to take her dog for a walk on the beach.
I am in my “happy place.”
Afterwards, I picked up Fran at her hotel and we drove to Stuart where we had a lovely lunch with an old friend and then we strolled through the shops in town.
Eventually we dropped of the car in West Palm Beach and prepared to fly home. As usual, it wasn’t without hassles and delays. I won’t go into details but I didn’t get home until 1 am. 😦
- Tuesday – I did 2 webinars at work, rented a car and then drove to Liverpool, NY. A rest day but not a day of “rest.”
- Wednesday -Trained all day and drove home from Liverpool. Another day without running and without any “rest.”
- Thursday – Grateful to be back home and able to run with Alyssa. It was a great run. Wish they all could feel this good.
- Friday – Day 4 of rest from running and an evening with my mah jongg friends.
- Saturday – I ran the Runnin’ of the Green Race (4 miler). Winter returned with a vengeance. It was -9 with the wind chill…BRRRR!!! I have never been so cold.
37:48 – not fast but at least I didn’t get frost bite
I had planned to run some more miles after the race but it was just too cold.
I had a lovely evening catching up with a friend – wine, food, wine, dessert. Just what I needed after a tough week.
- Sunday – Another rest day (without rest). Filled the day with unpacking, laundry, cleaning, shopping and lots of cooking (yes, you heard that right) …all the stuff that doesn’t get done when you are away
10 miles done with 2 runs and 5 rest days
- Monday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Tuesday – rest day,
- Wednesday –
3 miles, dinner out with tennis ladies, travel to Liverpool, NY for work
- Thursday –
6 miles, training, drive home from Liverpool
- Friday –
rest day, 3 miles, mah jongg
- Saturday – proctor MPRES
- Sunday – 8 mile run
Once again, I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?