Every Friday, three DC area bloggers Mary at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC to host the Friday Five linkup. Anyone can join with their own Friday Five post (yes, it must be a Friday Five!!) They encourage you to visit other blogs on the linkup, comment, share and engage!
This week, the theme is Races to Run in 2015.
I run so many races (33 last year) that I am listing 5 NEW races that I am looking forward to running in the first 6 months of 2015:
West Palm Beach Half Marathon – Ocean Views and in Florida in the winter .YAY! and visiting 4 friends too!
This one would have been #1 but I already did it!!
1. Shamrock 5K – I would have liked to run a longer race like I did last year but this one fit. I am so excited to be running this race with my friend Mary in CA and also get to watch some of the qualifying matches at the BNP Paribas Open Tennis Championships (and maybe see some of the stars practicing.)
2. Shamrock Shuffle – This is a new one. I love new races and it is 5 miles.
3. I didn’t get into the NYC Half Marathon so I instead registered for the Asbury Park Half Marathon to keep me running through the winter. I have a friend that lives an hour from this race and it’s supposed to be the “Best Half in New Jersey – One of Best in the Country.” The best part, I will be running along the ocean!!!!!
4. Mastodon Challenge– It is hilly so it will be a challenge and it is on my birthday. How could I not race on my birthday?
5. I also did not get into the Covered Bridges Half Marathon on June 7 (sold out in 24 min.) so instead I registered for the first annual Walkway Half Marathon. It’s in Poughkeepsie which is about 1.5 hours away. The course will include the William R. Steinhaus Dutchess Rail Trail and the Walkway Over the Hudson as well as Marist College and the Hudson Valley Rail Trail. (It is hilly – the only negative.)
Happy Running! What are some of your favorite 2015 races? Are you running any new ones?