- Monday– I squeezed in a walk at work and then after work, went to my first Troy Turkey Trot training group run. I loved it. Holly & I chatted the whole run. I even ran up the hills.
- Tuesday – Just a work day, a lunch time walk and 1 1/2 hours of tennis after work.
- Wednesday – I squeezing in a run on the track during work. I wasn’t sure if I would make it to the STEM group run/walk on time after work. It’s a Couch25k program for survivors of domestic violence.
With all the traffic, I missed the STEM run so on my way home I stopped to run some more and discovered that the Rail Trail was completed (from Delmar to Albany.) Since I had already run that afternoon, I only did 2 miles.
- Thursday – A busy work day but managed a walk in the park at lunch and then a run after work on the same rail trail as yesterday.
- Friday -I took the day off and headed up to my friend’s house on Schroon River. (And yes, there is water there now.) I stopped off at the outlets (and bought stuff I needed and stuff I didn’t need) and then picked up my race packet. I ate dinner in Chestertown and called it a night.
- Saturday -It was nice to finally have only a 5 minute ride to the start of the race. It was colder than I hoped (like 38 degrees.) The 10k was hilly as I expected but I won an age group award which is always nice.
After the race, I drove back to my friend’s house to run some more miles (though my legs protested.)
But my run was interrupted when my hubby called to say that he was waiting at the marina. I hurried there and we spent a wonderful day picnicking with some friends on one of the islands of Lake George.
We ended the day with a very late dinner out with more friends.
- Sunday – We had hoped to spend another day on out boat but a party was planned for my MIL’s 90 the birthday. At least, I was able to squeeze in an easy mile run in the morning. (So my 12 mile weekend long run was in 3 parts over 2 days…)
24 miles for the week with only 3 rest days and 4 days of running. Half Marathon is 2 weeks away!!! Taper time!
This Week: (Week #11 of HM training)
- Monday- 3 mile run (with the Turkey Trot Training group)
- Tuesday – rest
- Wednesday – 3 mile run before work,volunteer walk/run with STEM group, dinner with the tennis ladies
- Thursday – 4 mile run after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5k race + more miles
- Sunday – rest, day in NYC (walking, eating, Broadway show)
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?