- Monday – Another cold, rainy, windy day. Got in my daily walk and it only sprinkled on me. Then I drove to my training group run. We started in the rain but it eventually stopped but was still very windy. On the schedule was a 10 min warm up and cool down and then 4 x 400m at 5k pace. I’m not one for speed drills but my long run was on Saturday so my legs were fresh. As I mentioned before, my group has some very speedy runners but today two were were missing so I finished in the middle of the pack (2:00, 1:59, 1:58: 1:53). I was happy with my times since 2 of 4 were done running into the wind. It is easy to run fast when it’s only 400 m not 3 miles and you have 2 minutes of walking in between each.
After my run, I did some shopping at Trader Joes and some more retail therapy in the mall (only bought 3 sale items in Macy’s & they were a steal.)
- Tuesday – Yet another cold, rainy, windy day. It was supposed to get sunny and warm up but it did not. Still I dragged myself to the park.
After work, I ventured back on the tennis courts. My elbow is no better but I haven’t played tennis in 3 weeks. I taped it, wore an armband and with new strings on my racket, I nervously played 1 1/2 hours of doubles. It went great. My partner & I won both sets. Yes, my elbow hurt but it was bearable pain and didn’t affect my playing. (Of course, I know this won’t help heal my elbow.)
- Wednesday – Hooray, it was chilly but the sun came out!! I had planned to do our Wed. Hoola Hooping at work but I was too busy so instead I took a long walk to return a book to the library.
Today was also week 2 of mentoring the STEM group. Unfortunately when the sun went in, it was chilly. (It will be warm someday…) Again I arrived early so I could run once around campus. . Then we followed the Couch to 5k app with the group. Well, I got paired up a new runner (Michelle) and she is pretty fast. But the best part, another new (even faster) runner is from Paris!! I got to speak French every week!!!!!!
- Thursday – Second sunny day in a row. Woo Hoo! Still breezy but today was a scheduled rest day so I only got in a short walk to Starbucks because I had an errand at lunch. After work, I walked the mall (no shopping, just walking) with my BFF. (got my 10k steps in!)
- Friday -Sunny again. Went for my lunch time walk.
After work on my way to run through the park I passed by a local college… So I interrupted my run to meet Ben & Jerry and sample to new Bernie flavor ice cream. Then I had to sprint home to get ready for mah jongg.
- Saturday – Took advantage of another rest day to spend time with my mentee Amanda and her two sons. We went to Five Guys for lunch and then to the firefighting museum. The kids had a lot of fun.
- Sunday – Last long run before the big one. I was lucky to have Denise by my side. We decided to run early and at the Corning bike path. The weather was perfect and the company was great too (We chatted the whole time and found that we have so many things in common …besides running.)
The rest of the day was spent outside pulling weeds and eventually laundry, cooking and housework…)
22.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days. 94,312 steps
This Week: (1 week until Half Marathon #19 – TAPER TIME)
- Monday – Freihofer Challenge Group Run (4 miles?)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis?
- Wednesday – 3 mile run, STEM Couch to 5k run
- Thursday –4 miles
- Friday – rest, Passover seder with the mah jongg gang
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – LAKE GEORGE HALF MARATHON
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?