- Monday – Finally some sunshine. I’ll take it even though it was cool and very windy.
It was my birthday and I could have gone out to dinner with a co-worker but I opted to run with my Freihofer Training group. Since I had run a 15k & a 5k over the weekend, I thought that I would run with the Intermediate but they were doing 800m intervals so I stuck with the Advanced group – 8 400m intervals at 5k pace. My legs weren’t feeling it at first and they got stronger as I ran. I even finished the last one at 2 min.
- Tuesday – Yes – two sunny days in a row but I decided after 3 days of speedy runs, I would rest and just play tennis after work. Of course, I couldn’t miss my walk to the tulips.
- Wednesday – Let’s go for 3 days of sunshine. Such as busy work day. I just had time for a very short run after work and then instead of running with the STEM group, I had an hair appt. (priorities!)
- Thursday – Summer has arrived and we skipped spring. I had time today for my lunch walk to the park.
Then after work I ran a 5k race in 80 degree, humid weather. It wasn’t pretty but it was for a good cause.
- Friday – Back to clouds and showers so I took a true rest day. No running or tennis just mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Another 5k race, the 2nd one this week. It wasn’t as warm as Thursday but it was more humid. Such an emotional race. I was glad I ran it and supported Summer’s mom and the STEM runners.
I had thought that I would run 9 more miles afterward but my legs disagreed. I ran (& walked) until I could do no more.
- Sunday – A well-deserved rest day. We had planned to take our boat out but it was too chilly and windy. So we just drove to Lake Luzerne and had lunch with a view of the Hudson River then went for a long walk.
This Week: (2 weeks until Half Marathon #20)
- Monday – FRW Challenge Training Group (4 miles)
- Tuesday – 3 mile run at lunch, pack
- Wednesday – Sunday – tennis, sunning, fun times with good friends in Naples, FL. 🙂
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?